Sunday, March 27, 2011

Human Nature Strengthening Shampoo

If you were named “Curlylocks,” from the day you came out from your mother’s womb (just like me),   one of your daily necessities is a curl definer.  Curl definer is something that my hair can’t live without. However, putting on such chemical on my hair is the major cause of my hair fall.  I tried several products but they did no good.  So when I signed-up for Human Nature’s Dealership Program, hair strengthener was one of the products I looked for, and that’s how I got introduced to Human Nature’s Hair Strengthening Products. 

Strengthening Shampoo and Body Wash with Aloe Vera and Pearl Powder
Available in 2 scents: Peppermint and Rosemary
Price: 50ml – Php39.75; 200ml – 119.75 , 500ml - 274.75



How Human Nature describes it                      
  • Save your hair before it’s’ too late! Pearl Powder, a health and beauty secret thousands of years old, helps strengthen hair to dramatically reduce hair fall.  A good dose of aloe vera further promotes hair growth.
  • No parabens, phthalates, SLS/SLES, Formaldehyde, or other toxic substances

What Kikaymomtrepreneur thinks
Rating: 4.1/5.0

I’ve been using this for 6 months now.  It left my hair dry for the first 3 months, and for the first few months, I always had to use conditioner. It came to a point that I almost gave up using this product. But then I told myself to be patient and wait until I see the results.  So I waited for a few more months, now I am writing about it.  

The things that I like and I don't:
  • Love the invigorating scent of Peppermint
  • Less hair fall (I didn’t say no more hair fall ;))
  • Small amount goes a long way
  • Softer curls
  • Scalp was itchy in the first few months only 
  • Didn't get dandruff
  • When I reached the 6th month, I can skip conditioner 2s or 3s a week
  • Scent doesn't stay unlike the non-organic products (I hope they can improve on this because I want a shampoo that leaves a fresh scent even after work hours.)
  • I didn't like the Rosemary Scent; smells like a cleansing agent for me hehe

Tip

I use the following products for maximum effect
Strengthening Conditioner
Price: 200ml - Php144.75, 500ml - Php 289.75

and Intensive Hair Mask with Gugo and Avocado
Price: 50grams - Php99.75, 200grams - Php299.75



Overall, I can't say that this is the most effective organic hair strengthening product. I haven't really explored much but with its' price and results it gave my hair, I can give this an above average rating.   I sometimes use this as a body wash since Pearl Powder is very beneficial to the skin. It keeps the skin smooth, clear and glowing and prevents the growth of melanin  However,  I wonder if this can whiten my skin if I will use this religiously. Hmmm. I might as well try it myself lol.

Have you tried this as a body wash? Any whitening or lightening effects? I would love to hear your thoughts. 




1 comment:

  1. Hi Rizza, here's my review on the shampoo in reply to your blog :)

    http://laceytaboo.blogspot.com/2011/10/on-organic-lifestyle-and-strengthening.html

    ReplyDelete