Sunday, March 13, 2011

Etude House

Etude House, a Korean cosmetic brand, opened its’ first branch at SM Megamall last December 2009.  The shop is not as spacious like other cosmetic bars, but with a narrow space everything that a woman needs to primp and prettify is just right there.
My heart skipped the first time I saw the shop from afar! I felt like I was heading towards Barbie and Ken’s Dream House because of the lighting. Everything I saw was pink and white. The colors also reminded me of Disney Princesses thus, brought me back to my pre-teen days when I once wished to be a princess(lol, I used to make paper crowns..lol).

As you enter, the beauty consultants have a different way of greeting their customers.  “Hello Princess!” is what you will hear as teen consumers come in to the store.  I’ve had a very good experience with the consultant who assisted me. She was so accommodating and was able to answer all the questions I asked about the product. She even held my mini shopping basket while I was choosing my item and suggested which shade/items I should get.

How are the prices of the products?  Items are not as affordable as E.L.F Cosmetics, but for someone who loves make-up like me,  I would still say that prices are  reasonable.  You can purchase a facial or an eye mask for as low as Php79 (this one is bought per piece).  Eyeshadows will cost you around Php300 up, blush palette (3 colors) for Php778, Liners for Php400+ (depends if it’s cream or pencil), lipsticks/glosses for Php300-400, BB Creams and foundation for Php600++.   They also have hand care products and perfume but I wasn’t able to check on their prices.

It’s my first time to purchase a Korean Cosmetic brand, and these are the things that Kikaymomtrepreneur would like to share about their products.

BB Cream (Blemish Balm) - Php578/approx 13USD
Their BB Creams come in variants.  Each is meant for a specific skin type.  I got this since the consultant said that this would match my skin type

(My skin is the Combination Type - normal skin on the cheeks, oily T-zone with big pores)


What Kikaymomtrepreneur thinks
Rating: 4.0/5.0
  • Affordable (others cost around Php2000)
  • Smells like a facial wash(its’ just me).
  • Good as make-up base
  • I can skip concealer and foundation (for everyday use only).
  • Lessens the appearance of fine lines on the eye area
  • Doesn’t give a heavy feeling
  • Shade is too light but it blends with my skin tone
  • Has only one shade (I am not sure if the shade will work on morena skin tone).
  • Doesn’t’ give my face a matte finish so it’s too shiny without putting powder on it
Precious Mineral BB Compact - Php778/approx 18USD
Etude House says it has SPF30, skin brightening pearl powder, lavender and aqua extracts. The consultant said that its’ formula perfectly matches the BB Cream because it will give me a sheer glowing finish (I think it does..)



What Kikaymomtreprener thinks:
Rating: 3.75/5
  • Packaging is cute (it’s pink, I am actually fond of pink)
  • Size is bulky for a small grooming kit


  • Has the shimmer effect when tested on wrist, but shimmer disappears once applied on the face
  • Gives me a glowing skin when applied with BB Cream as base
  • Gives a light coverage, thus giving you the natural finish
  • Lasts until late afternoon (an advantage if you have a hectic schedule; this means less touch-ups)
If you wish to achieve the no-make-up look, it would be perfect to use BB Cream and the Mineral BB Compact.

Of course,  I did not say no when they offered me to get the Etude House Pink Membership Card.  Membership is for free! How does this work? You earn points for a minimum purchase of  100 pesos on your following purchases and points are  convertible to cash. 

They also gave me a mini Dear Darling Cheek Tint for free which is good as a keychain and a cellphone charm.

And.....definitely, I revisited the store. These are the ones I bought on my second visit. They gave me a cute pen as a gift ;).


Surprise Essence Concealer - Php278/6 USD
What Kikaymomtrepreneur thinks
Rating: 3.0/5.0
  • Just a regular concealer but yes it works to cover my dark undereye circles.
  • I haven’t bought yet a concealer that has the “wow” factor. Wow for me is something that totally gives my undereyes a flawless finish, and also lasts for a day.
Code B Gel Liner  - Php 478/11 USD
What Kikaymomtrepreneur thinks
Rating: 4.5/5.0
Now this is wow for me! I love this!
  • Water and Smudge Proof (promise!)
  • Regular liner vs. Etude House Code B (Right:Etude House Code B)

  • Comes with a cute liner brush but it's not the angled brush :(
Overall, I am happy with the products as much as I am happy with the warmth that their consultants have shown me. I am going back there to get other stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment